So Long Sweet Summer.

Summer is not even over--but it feels like it's coming to a rapid halt. IT'S BASICALLY AUGUST PEOPLE! What is this garbage? I just got home...I just left my darling Thai babies and mangos and sticky rice and now I'm registering for classes, buying books, and going a bit crazy in the school supply isles at Walmart. Oy-vey. Though I have been working two jobs for the past month, and literally work every single day... I've still found some time for fun! And I have a very good feeling that though summer is ending, the fun is definitely not!

Our family friend, Caitlyn Wilson, was a beautiful bride a few weekends ago up in Provo. So we made a quick trip up to celebrate with her and her family! SO CUTE. I'm tellin ya, the wedding was beautiful and such fun. But if you are a girl--it's almost impossible to not walk away wanting a wedding RIGHT now. Maybe not so much a groom...but a wedding, absolutely ;)

That same quick trip I was able to get together with lunch with some of my lovely ladies from Thailand! I love that we don't get to see each other all that often, but when we do--it's like we never left. We sat at Zupas for probably three hours just chatting and laughing. So glad these ladies are some of my greatest friends! Missed Angee and Dianna very much though, get your buns to Utah girls!
A few quick road trips with this cutie. Those ruffles you see there.... were his treat for being good on the way there, so we made a quick stop at a gas station before heading home. However, don't you DARE sneak a Queso ruffle from this kids hands and shove it into your mouth...or there will be tears, time out, and a "feelings" chat. Oh boy..

I started my job at Sterling Court at the beginning of this month, and I am LOVING it. Absolutely. Sometimes the tasks are a bit...grueling. But the fact that I am almost always kept busy, and the fact that I get to work with some of the sweetest/hilarious elderly folk makes it so much fun. I think I'm going to like it here just fine. 



Big brother CJ made it to the finals of the Utah State Ametueur!! He played an awesome week of Golf and we were all following him daily via computer or iphones. When Saturday we heard that he had won all of his rounds of match play and was on to the finals, family dropped everything and headed up to see the boy do his thang! It was so fun to have the entire family there to support our brother. He played awesome and took 2nd overall! We are all so proud of that boy, he's such a classy gentleman on the course---we're not sure what happens once he get's off though.... ;) We decided that the quote for the weekend was "Mom, Dad--you've raised some houlagins....but they are houlagins who love each other!" Truer words have never been spoken.. 





Adam moved his skinny britches to California this week....and my heart has never been more broken! In lew to his departure--we've been trying to spend as much time as possible together with all of our friends. Sure am going to miss that kid. SO excited for him though, California doesn't know what's about to hit them! 

My friend Ryan got a new puppy! The cuuuutest little Lab puppy affectionatly named, "Maverick."
I might be a little more than in love with the little guy, usually...I just play with him--and we lock Ryan up so he does not bother us. It's love people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment