Summer Shinanigans


This summer is nothing how I planned it. I planned on returning from Thailand, working constantly and jet setting off to China in just a few short months. Then I changed my plans, and anticipated spending the summer working and saving money in order to move up to Salt Lake in the fall. But I'm realizing every day, that sometimes we have plans. And sometimes Heavenly Father has plans for us that are completely different to our own. And when we finally let him in on the "plans" that we have, and are willing to adjust our plans to his just a little.


Life is sweet--so, so sweet. And just exactly what we need :) 
So, instead of preparing for China,  or packing up my belongings for a big move...
Instead, i've spent my summer kinda like this



I've gotten to spend some time with this cute kid! It's been nice since I feel like he totally forgot who I was while I was away for so long. Little heart breaker. 



Sheeela came and visted for a few days and that was a total blast! I'm trying to get her to move down here this fall, so naturally I had to show her all of the great things St. George has to offer. Namely... Dixie Rock, the Carrosel, my friends, Tuachan, Swig, Durangos, and Zion. We spent a day floating...(or in Katelyn and I's case...being drowned) down the Virgin River and that wasss.....an adventure. Here's to crossed fingers that I have my roomie back in just a few short weeks! 
Cooked some Thai food for the first time since being home! Delicious! Wish I had learned how to make more dishes, but I guess I can settle for some fried egg and rice.. holy yum. I'm suddenly starving. 

Took this cute lady to go see "Hairspray" out at Tuachan. Such fun! I feel bad sometimes that I don't get to spend more time with mom and dad anymore. It seems as if I am either working, or out with friends all the time--so It's nice when I get an evening or so to spend with those cuties! We loved Hairspray, Tuachan always does such a great job. But I'm tellin ya--GO SEE ALLADIN RIGHT NOW. It was awesome, and amazing and I want to see it a million more times. 

Ooofffff course, in typical St. George Summer fashion, I have racked up quite a few hours at the pool.
Finally have gotten to spend some time with this awesome guy! This is Elder Polatis (Ryan), a previous Companion of Cam's. Rumor has it....(okay, it's not really rumor because Cameron told me this about a million times) that this was his favorite companion on his mission. And I can totally see why. THESE GUYS ARE THE EXACT SAME. It's really the weirdest thing I've ever encountered, Ryan is like..a brown haired version of Cam and it's hilarious. Between the two of us exchanging stories about Cam, I'm pretty confident when I say that I think Ryan misses that boy the most. And that's saying a lot! 

Fourth of July came and went a little faster then I would have liked. BUT I did get to spend it with my Hansen infants as well as some of the family for a bit. We celebrated Dads birthday and ate delicious food. Twas delightful. 

...aaannnnd I got him the funniest card around. hahaha still making me laugh. 
Have spent quite a bit of time with these fun people! Soaking up all the time together before Adam moves to California in just a few short weeks. Ugh, makes my little heart break just thinking about it. Donnnn'ttt ggoooo! :( 

All in all, summer thus far has been a dream. Equal parts work and play and I could not be a happier girl. It hasn't been all fun in the sun of course. Life always brings it's little challenges....in the form of my stinkin car needing to be fixed and 7am shifts at work and of course others. But, looming new and exciting things likeee a new job as a CNA and an upcoming Staff Editor position on the Dixie sun to prepare for, and moving out with friends in the next few weeks! This girl, is a very happy one :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment