Island In The Sun.

I don't know whattt has been in the air these last few days--but something is seriously making me very Thai-sick, and I don't like it one bit. I'm so home-sick for my second home, my cute kids, some of my favorite girls, smoothies, fresh fruit, incredibly friendly people, bike rides, green everywhere amazing history and sights---that I sometimes think I will just get on the next flight over there and not look back.


So, I figured instead of doing the later...I would finally just blog about our Phuket trip that I have not told you guys about yet! ...I feel like it's due. 





Our adventures started out in Bangkok...and let me tell you, it was an adventure for sure. Bangkok is so different from any Thailand that I ever pictured. And I'm going to be honest--it was not my favorite! After living in such a small community for months, it was quite the shock to be finding our way around a massive city for a few days. Clinging on to our bags and sheilding our eyes from all of the questionable street vendors and their uh..."items" ... we realized we were not in our Phichit town anymore. 


We of course had a swell time though. We laugh, because our time spent in Bangkok was very Americanized.... we ate a ton of subway, found some Mexican food. And saw two, yes, two movies at the huge mall. Don't judge us, Hunger Games and Titanic in 3D could not wait. We were of course able to fit some culture in there as well. Heading to a floating market for the day! But not before a quick stop at this weird little train/market thing and a verrry nausiating van ride. 

Just one short day of flying from Bangkok, another nausiating van ride and THIS was our view for the next six days. It makes my heart seriously jump just looking at this picture!! I'm just going to say it, I love Phuket, and I wish every day could be spent with a view like this. And I also wish I could have that henna on my foot every day--because if I'm being honest....I loved that henna. And may or may not have been tempted to make it permanent. 







We spent our days like this. Lounging around the beach, meeting new friends, lounging around the beach... eating the most delicious spring roles. Shopping for cute swim suits, meeting new friends, lounging around the beach....swimming in the most glorious water, lathering ourselves every 30 minutes with SPF 50 and still getting fried aaannnd lounging around the beach. It could not have been a better six days. Just what we were looking for.









Our nights were spent a bit moreee..... active? One of our favorite things to do was to go out and dance at a few of the many night clubs that were around the beach. And I'll tell you what, dance we did!! We had a blast dancing with each other and meeting new friends from all over the world! Being offered drinks left and right was always entertaining as we explained to them we don't drink--but would love a bottle of water! Nobody could believe that five girls could be so much fun, and sober! Midway through the week, we met Scottie, Kieran, Dave, Ravi and Viv from Perth Australia, and ended up spending the next few days seeing them on and off. Such a great group of guys, and we still keep in touch with them today! 


Phuket was amazing. We cannot wait to go back! (And you better believe we are!) More than the beach, more than the spring rolls, and more than the dirt cheap swim suits--I think more than anything, we all miss the diversity of the area, and the seriously amazing people we were able to meet, and spend a few brief moments with. And if we're being honest..... we definitely can't wait to be back on that beach either.

No comments:

Post a Comment