Girls with Missionaries: What to avoid...

So this time in my life is definately a learning experience. I have never done this before! Trying this and trying that is definately entertaining me, some things are working great at keeping me occupied and busy, some things... well, not so much.

#1: Say yes to the dress....
This perhaps is my biggest one. I have loved this show for many a months now, but lately. It just makes me want to get married (more like just have a beautiful wedding dress from a designer store in NYC!) but still, this will not do. Avoid, avoid, avoid. ... I watched an episode today.. darn.

#2: Dear John:
Nooo, not the letter sillies. The movie. Do I really need to go into this one? It is pretty self explanitory i'd say.

#3: Lots, and Lots of food:
It seems like the chocolate cake.. and the pint of icecream will make all of your sorrows go away. Wrong, it will only add to your problems! Particularly your wasteline.

#4: Feeling Sorry for Yourself:
It just doesn't help. Sure everyone is walking hand in hand with their love, while you are not. Everyone is going out on dates, while your love is probably in a different country. Just focus on the positive!

#5: Sitting around, twiddling your thumbs:
Your missionary is out learning, serving, and growing. He doesn't want letters telling him how for the last week you have shopped every day, got your hair done, and watched the latest shows on TV. Do something with your time! Grow right a long with him, serve and learn right along with him!

1 comment: